Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Using Up the Stash #5 with Bonus Rings & Things Goodies

Several things to share before I get to my project for today. First, with the crash of the VAIO I have lost access to a bunch of software and notes and other stuff I desperately need to get to, one of which is all my photo editing stuff. I've downloaded Picassa to this computer so I can do some very basic manipulation, but I miss my PaintShop Pro!

Secondly, yesterday was my 500th post! Snuck right past me - only noticed it tonight when I was on my dashboard to create tonight's post.

Finally, I need to update something from yesterday's post about my blog partner goodies from Rings & Things. In it I mentioned that some of the shell pearls I received were a bit banged up. I want to say for the record that nothing I've ever purchased from Rings & Things has ever gotten here the least bit damaged. They do a fabulous job of carefully packing every piece (and they throw in some yummy candy, too). I just felt that it was important to give a completely objective report of what I received - your experience as a customer of Rings & Things should be just as exemplary as mine have been.

OK, on to tonight's jewelry project - it's a combination of using up the stash and partner goodies - I picked out some of the lighter, pastel peach-ish 10mm shell pearls - they're not quite gold, not quite peach - I'm really not sure what to call them! Since there weren't enough to do a necklace, I made a bracelet from them with 4mm CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements bicones in a vivid fuchsia color (that's looking a lot more purple than pink in the light from my Ott lamp than they looked as I was using them), some bright lime green rice pearls and gold plated TierraCast pewter beadcaps.



I chose the vivid colors as a fun contrast - what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!



FTC notice of material connections: the items in this post from Rings&Things were provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program for review or design purposes.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Doucette said...

Good Morning Dear!~ I just read your post and I just had my Dell crash this week too... what's with our computer gremlins?!?!? I had just blogged about my computer crash over on my blog. http://designsbydawnmarie.blogspot.com

So I'm looking at a laptop to give me more portability. What are you doing to get your business back online? That's a project for this weekend. Until then, I'm without my pictures, my spreadsheets, etc.

It gives me 100% of my time to make new jewelry pieces... and it throws me back to the 1990's before we all became glued to our computers.

Good luck getting back up and running Dawno!

Chat with you soon,
Dawn

P.S. I really like the colors in this bracelet! The pop of pink gives it a really beautiful spring look! :)

February 24, 2010 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Morning to you too! I'm really lucky to be married to a computer genius, so I've got him helping me to recover all my files, etc. I did use some of the down time to catch up on reading and a little jewelry making, though.

Thank you for stopping by!

February 24, 2010 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Those are nice colors together. I think the shell pearl color is called "champagne"? A toast to springtime :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things

February 24, 2010 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Just A Tish said...

I keep coming back and looking at this. there is something about it, i can't stop looking at it.

it is 'happy'

February 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thanks, Dave! Champagne it is. Cheers!

Tish, it makes me happy that you're happy, too!

February 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Createology said...

This bracelet is very pretty. I would not have thought those colors would be compatible - instead they are perfect together. Keep creating...

February 24, 2010 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you! And welcome, too!

February 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf