Friday, February 19, 2010

Using Up the Stash #2

Continuing my quest to use up the stash, I pulled out these light green enameled beads with large holes I bought a bunch of packages of when they were on closeout at Michael's. When I color sorted various beads they ended up in a box with some unusual geometric patterned light green glass beads that closely matched.

I never figured out what I wanted to do with them and they've been lying around for a year or two. Then I pulled out a coil of Beadalon jewelry cable I'd wanted to use and these beads came to mind. I planned the pattern and spacing out on a bead board then started to string them with crimp beads along the cable. Green glass bead holes were the tiniest bit small, so I had to ream them out a bit.

The holes in the spacer beads are quite large, so I designed the pattern so they'd fit over the ends of the glass beads.



sorry this is off center, too lazy to go photograph it again

Now, I could have sworn that the larger enameled beads were the same shade of green as all the others, but in these photos they show up creamy yellow, so I guess I was wrong. Even so, I think the color difference is ok, and a good combination for spring.

UUtS#3 coming soon!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

Oh I love this!! I love the exposed cable. It is soft and springy. This would be great for an easter outfit!!

as always my dear - LOVELY!!!!!

February 19, 2010 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you so much, Tish! I was thinking the same thing (Easter) and wished the circle beads were egg shaped :-)

February 19, 2010 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Lisa Spangenberg said...

I'm always stunned and delighted by your color matching and combining skills, which seems almost magical to me--but this design is stunningly elegant.

I hope it finds a home where it is much loved; it deserves it.

February 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Many thanks, Lisa - maybe it will find a buyer in April at Norwescon *happy squee sounds*.

February 20, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf