Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Tidbit

I crocheted these Amigurumi lovebirds for my daughter for Valentine's Day, from a free Lion Brand yarn pattern. I also bought the materials for them from Lion Brand on the same page. I love the Wool-ease yarn (a blend of lambs wool and acrylic), very soft. A bit challenging to work tight stitches with the size 6 hook as the yarn fibers are a bit loose. Also, the crochet hook in the materials is plastic, and not fun to use, so I went digging for my metal hook in the same size.



The first try at the pattern turned out way too large with the plastic needle for some reason, but the second try was ok using the metal one. Still, they turned out bigger than I thought they would - it would be nice if the Lion Brand picture had some point of reference in it for size. The birds below are about 4 inches high. I used some jasper coin beads for the eyes.

It's been ages since I followed a crochet pattern and I need more practice, but I was happy with the way these turned out.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new lanyard. Hope you'll be back, too!


Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

I love these!!!!! they are soo cute!

February 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thanks! I thought they were, too.

February 16, 2010 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger SmuTopia Jewelry said...

They're adorable! I crochet a bit, but am horrible at following a pattern--nothing ever turns out the way it is supposed to ;)

February 16, 2010 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Yeah, I'm not much on patterns either - I pretty much do things on the fly :-)

February 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf