Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine's Day Idea #17 - Amber Glass Earrings


Only 17 Days left until Valentine's Day!

I wanted to do something a bit different for my next to last Valentine's Day project. So, I went on a search through my beads for heart shaped beads, but in a color other than red or pink. I found some dark amber colored ones and thought they'd be cute as earrings.

I also had a pack of small gold plated toggles, mostly circles, but there were a couple of heart toggles, too, that I'd set aside to use, which I thought would be just the right touch. With a bit of wire and two tiny jump rings, it took hardly any time at all to make these. Good thing too, with the State of the Union, I got to a late start on tonight's project.

I'm thinking about upscaling this design with gold filled heart charms and Swarovski hearts...but I'm trying to be good about buying new stuff, so I'm using available beads from my stash. I also, as you can see, used post and loop ear-studs for a change, as well.




Also, only three days left to enter to win the cute Valentine's Day bracelet, all it takes to be entered is a comment! Say "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway" on any post this month. If you're on Twitter and RT any of my tweets this month you'll get another entry. If you're a fan or become a fan of Dawno's on Facebook and leave a comment on any post there with "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway", you get another entry - so there's a total of 3 entries you can make towards the giveaway.

Random drawing will be held on January 31st - and if selected, you'll get the bracelet in plenty of time for Valentine's Day!


Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf