Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentine's Day Idea #14 - Hammered Copper Hearts With Garnets




This one took me many tries, and probably a foot of copper wire, to finally get three closely matched hammered hearts for this necklace. I added some rough faceted garnet drops and round garnet beads for a bit of color. The chain was something I picked up at Michael's. To match the look of the chain, I used walnut stain Distress Ink and jet black Archival Ink. I'll probably need to coat it with something so it won't wear off - will have to do some research to determine the best product.




Since it's getting close to the end of the month, I'm trying to get as many of my Valentine's items as I can (and can bear to part with) up on my Artfire shop for sale. If you liked something I've posted recently, you should check there and throughout the week, I've got quite a few more ready to add, but want to spread the listings out over a few days in hopes a couple of them will get noticed when they show up on the "new listings" page.

Also, time's running out for entering to win the cute Valentine's Day bracelet, all it takes to be entered is a comment! Say "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway" on any post between now and the end of the month. If you're on Twitter and RT any of my tweets this month you'll get another entry. If you're a fan or become a fan of Dawno's on Facebook and leave a comment on any post there with "Enter me in the bracelet giveaway", you get another entry - so there's a total of 3 entries you can make towards the giveaway.

Random drawing will be held on January 31st - and if selected, you'll get the bracelet in plenty of time for Valentine's Day!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandma said...

Liver of sulfur would darken it in just a few minutes.

January 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Yep, it would, and thank you for the suggestion (and the visit). Thing is, I don't have any in my workshop at present, and I'm not really sure I'd want to use it for this piece. I like how the products I've used match the coating on the chain.

All I really need to do is protect the stuff that's already there. I've done a bit of checking and something called "Renaissance Wax" might be the answer.

January 25, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf