Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekly Wanderings Around the Beadosphere




If today's post seems a bit abbreviated, it's because I have so much to do before I leave for my show in L.A. Also, my daughter is here for a holiday visit, so I'm a bit pressed for time this morning. I'm just going to highlight just one post at a few of my favorite Beadosphere stops today.

There's a very good chance that because of the show, I won't be able to post a Wandering's next week at all, but we'll see.




As ususal, there's something fun and fabulous every day at A Bead A Day, but Lisa's post about her book is the one you absolutely must not miss! Congratulations, Lisa!

After Hours Art Glass shares a collage of new items

Beading Arts - necklace (work in progress) inspired by "Lady of Shalott" by Tennyson

The Beading Gem's Journal is another one that's hard to choose just one post from, since it's full of wonderful ideas and links each week, but I think this one about contemporary style earrings is a good representative sample. Plus, I really need to work on more earrings, so any bit inspiration helps!

BunnyBlogs - I think this is the first time I've mentioned this blog - and this post is a must read. Drea's friend is fostering two girls from Alabama and their story, until now, was heartbreaking.

See Wendy's creation Time Flies from her Rings & Things blog partner items at Craft Dinner.

Davinia shows off the great finds she made the other day and wonders how to seal the finish on some cool beads. If you have a suggestion about that I hope you'll leave a comment on her post at Deez News.

Earthenwood Studios' Melanie shares how she used the Rings & Things wooden chain and Idea-ology clasp in a wonderful necklace

It's hard to pick just one post from Just A Tish this week to feature, but since I seem to be sharing a number of Rings & Things blog partner posts, here's her very cool design using the Idea-ology antiqued plate and chain for a dramatic brooch.

Over at Silver Parrot this week she's been sharing the entries to a design contest (entry deadline is today at 5pm Pacific) she's having, and it's nearly impossible to feature just one post - but this is my favorite entry so far, so it's the one I'll link to.

Nikon Sniper - What might the picture in this post inspire you to make?

Willow Walker asks what you think of her ideas for a name for this gorgeous dichroic glass pendant.





Artbeads blog - Artbeads featured in 2009 Best of Stringing

Beadalon blog - beaded decor

The Beadin' Path - Weekly Beadditude by Dara: Oxidize your own jewelry

Friendly Plastic - I was skeptical until I saw the finished piece

Objects & Elements - announcing their new ICE resin site

Ornamentea - Thrifty & swiftie gifties

Rings & Things - 5 Favorite Things

SoftFlexGirl November Spotlight - and a "Double Feature", read about The Beadin' Path, their featured store!

In case you don't visit again beforehand, Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful that you share some of your time with me and doubly thankful for the great friends I've made around the Beadosphere this year.



Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog. I get several hits on sundays from your blog. you are teh best.

i just saw the challenge on silver parrots blog, and posted it on my blog, am gonna enter it. i have to get busy :)

November 22, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

You're welcome, glad some traffic comes your way! Good luck with the challenge. How was your show?

November 22, 2009 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa Crone said...

Oh thank you so much!! :) Can't wait to hear how your show was.

November 29, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf