Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Miscellany - Beadin' Path Design Partner Baby Blues


Later in the week I'll share more about it, but this weekend I was in a bracelet frenzy. I've got tons of necklaces and lanyards for the show next week (yikes!) but not many bracelets, and I could use some earrings, too.

So today I'll share the bracelets I made with the vintage baby blue German glass faceted beads The Beadin' Path sent me in my recent Design Partner batch (the bag on the right in the picture below). By the way, the only beads left from that batch that I still haven't figured out what to do with are the opaque baby blue "bones and pods" strand (second from the right). Yep, that's what they look like to me and they're driving me crazy. I've got an idea for the yellow disk beads (second from left) but I haven't started working on it yet - maybe later this week.



Anyway, I made 6 bracelets so far from the faceted baby blue vintage glass. They still need to be finished, but it's getting late and I need to get this post done so I can go to bed! I'll add the clasps to them soon.




For the ones above, along with the vintage glass beads, I used CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements opaque turquoise bicones, sterling floral bead caps, silver beads and a faceted glass roundel in the one on the left. The one in the middle has the faceted, rounded cube and bicone beads I got last year in Fayetteville, NC plus silver, and the last one has Beadin' Path sea-glass style beads and silver. You can probably tell the vintage faceted beads have an iridescent coating, but the picture doesn't do it justice (nor to the iridescence of the rounded cube beads).




The bracelet on the left above, uses gold filled disk spacers and beads with the vintage glass. The center one has Golden Shadow CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements bicones and gold beads. The one on the right has copper bead caps and Padparadscha CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements bicones. I wanted to use a really different color and thought the unusual pink/red of Padparadscha made a very interesting contrast and looks nice with copper.

I have really enjoyed working out how to use the Beadin' Path beads over the last few weeks - they've been challenging, but once I got an idea, it was a lot of fun trying to make it work out. If only I could figure out what to do with those bones and pods. I've still got plenty of the faceted blue beads, so one of those bracelets may have a matching necklace, soon.

Hope you'll be back tomorrow - I think I'll write about the rest of the bracelet frenzy and show you what came of it.




FTC compliance disclosure notice of material connections: All items referenced in this post, with the exception of the vintage glass baby blue faceted vintage German glass beads provided to me for use as a Design Partner, were personally purchased.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf