Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Pick - Just A Tish

Normally for my Friday Picks (when I do them), I feature selections of beads from suppliers, but today I'm going to kick off a new feature where my Friday Pick is an artisan. In the future I'll feature the glass, stone and ceramic artists whose beads have caught my eye and been incorporated in my designs. For the premier pick, I've chosen Just A Tish, whose work I greatly admire and am proud to own.

Tish is a true friend of beaders and jewelry artists - she's so supportive and eager to share her knowledge, trials and tribulations and promote others, too. She's often given me ideas that encourage me to try something new, take a chance, be a bit less straight-laced about designs.

Tish has had her designs published numerous times in Bead Trends and has done jewelry for fashion shows and gallery shows. She also has her work at Gifts With A Heart, in Raleigh, North Carolina and other stores, including one here in California (Sherman Oaks). I need to find out what store so I can stop in when I'm down in Southern California!

Back in October, I was the *very* lucky winner of drawing at Just A Tish's Facebook fan page. Do click that link and be a fan of hers, if you're not already - she's had great offers and giveaways there.

The prize I received was a gorgeous heat treated agate pendant that Just A Tish had made. It is adorned with garnet, citrine, crystal and sterling charms. I've been looking for just the right beads to make a necklace to hang it on and the other day at Lima Beads I found these gorgeous 6mm faceted carnelian rounds which looked like a good match and turned out to be perfect. I've put some sterling silver saucer spacers from Artbeads in the mix, too.

So, Tish, I hope you know how special you are and how much of an inspiration you are to me! Thank you for the encouragement you give and the beauty you create. Here's my new favorite necklace:



See her work for sale at Just A Tish's online store, check out what's new on her blog, and at Facebook (check out the photo albums, too!). And, if you're on Twitter she's @JustATish.

See you tomorrow for the Supplier Sales Saturday feature!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

*throws hand to mouth and blinks back tears* Omg Dawno, you have touched me to my soul. Thank you so much for your kind words. That necklace turned out gore-juss!

I have to excuse my self to the bathroom now and cry........

November 20, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

*hugs* Glad you liked the necklace - especially since I love it!

Hope you have a fabulous show tomorrow!

November 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa Crone said...

YAY! What a great post! You guys are great! :)

November 21, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf