Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits - Tiny Sculptures Using Crayons by Diem Chou

I was minding my own business, reading blog posts and other news items on my Google Reader and in Dinosaurs and Robots, I read about an artist, Diem Chou, whose crayon carvings were being featured in a US Cellular commercial. I clicked over to her gallery - the beautiful silk work in the main gallery is simply jaw-dropping-ly lovely. Her crayon carvings are featured in her Past Work section. she has an Etsy shop, too.

I thought today would be a good day to pass along the Inspiration Award that Tish of JustATish created and honored me as its first recipient. I'd like to pass it along to Lisa at A Bead A Day.


Lisa puts up a lovely feature post on Fridays, where she gives us a chance to see other people's beautiful work and shares an interview with the featured artist. And daily she posts about beautiful beads she's found, sometimes with pictures of what she's created from them. Each post is a little nugget of inspiration. Her blog is a bright and happy place to visit every day. Thank you, Lisa for being an inspiration!

You can go to Tish's blog to get the original sized picture for passing along. You don't have to win it to use it, just make someone's day by sharing how they inspire you.

My tid-bits for the day, beaded hair clips (from Rings & Things, btw). I'm going to take the blanks and miscellaneous beads and wire and make them at the con - they're easy and fast to make and I can sell them inexpensively. They also look pretty cute when they're clipped in:


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

I love that you are passing that along and I LOVE that you made it your own!

May 19, 2009 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

:-D Glad you're ok with the addition. Wanted Lisa to feel extra special, she's been helping keep my spirits up these days.

May 19, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Just A Tish said...

Good for you for passing it along - Lisa does deserve it.

May 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

I'm not sure she knows yet :-) Haven't seen her around today...

May 19, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa Crone said...

I'm here!! Oh my gosh, thank you VERY much for the award and the extremely nice comments!! That means so much to me!! (& thanks to Tish too!)It's wonderful to have found such nice and talented people to enjoy life with! By the way, I just love those hair clips. I wish I had known about them when I was doing shows! They will be a hit for sure!

May 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf