Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF!

Tish from Just A Tish gave me a nudge today in a comment to the post below (Thanks, Tish!) - I have been caught up in "real life" stuff this week and haven't paused to post since Tuesday. So to recap the week, bead-wise...

I got some wonderful sunflower beads with a sky above them inspired by Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night, the other day, from Patti Stoll (I got an oval for a focal - she's still got round ones listed). Her work is really exquisite, I promise to post a picture of the finished work.

I *think* I heard about her through a tweet from Dave at Rings & Things - if you're on Twitter and haven't added him to your follow list, do! He has great tweets - not just "buy our stuff" but conversations with other Twitter-ers, links to great crafters and websites, and just plain good or fun information. If you check his follow list, you can follow other bead-y Tweeters he's found (like I did). I'm *days* behind on Twitter, too, so if you sent me a tweet, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet.

Speaking of Rings & Things, I also put in an order for a book Dave recommended on their blog, and some "liquid silver" sterling silver tubes and beads for a necklace idea with coin pearls that I want to work on.

I hope to be back to my usual regular (almost daily) posting schedule now. Thanks for hanging around.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Just A Tish said...

*squeals*

omg!! you got the starry nite bead!!!!

jealous

March 6, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

*grin* I just had to have them.

See, my son and I were at one of those 'paint your own ceramic' places and he got out a book of paintings, saw Starry Night and decided to make me a mug using that design.

He was about 15 and did a really fabulous job of it, it still has a place of honor on my desk. (I'll have to take a picture and share it)

So, to make a long story a bit shorter, I simply had to have that bead when I saw it to make myself a necklace that will always remind me of him and his potential.

March 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa Crone said...

I love jewelry made with lots of liquid silver! I'll have to check out that book too! Twitter has certainly broadened my horizons in a short period of time, but now I need more hours in a day to get through everything! By the way, thanks for hanging out with me on abeadaday! It's all about the beads!! Have a great week! Lisa C.

March 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Dawno, our gratitude for your comments on Rings & Things' Twitter-ing. Much appreciated on this snowy northern day! We'll be happy to entertain all the followers we can.

Enjoy that "Starry Night" bead!

--Dave

March 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf