Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sky Images and Simplicity

Watching Cosmos episodes back to back over the last few evenings has definitely put me in a cosmic state of mind. I dug out my blue lace agate in response to all the sky imagery. Now the picture below is a work in progress - strung but not finished...because...I'm wondering if I should stop or consider either more embellishment or multi-strands. I am particularly fond of rather delicate, simple necklaces. That's fine if I'm just making things for myself, but I wonder, would I have better luck selling my pieces if I made more elaborate ones?

I'd be interested in your comments.



Edited to add (on 3/29) Finished it as a simple necklace and listed it on Art Fire:


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger WillowWalker said...

I love it! The blue lace looks wonderful with the pearls. I like it the way it is.

March 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger Just A Tish said...

There are a lot of tastes out there. Your simple and delicate designs do have an audience, and from the pictures i have seen of your booth, you have a great variety to choose from.

would making more elaborate ones sell better - that is a 50/50 shot. doing it to discover a new creative vein, sure, do it. stretch yourself from time to time, it is good for the soul:) doing it to sell more - baby - right now not too much is selling. you make beautiful pieces don't doubt yourself because sales are slow.

March 27, 2009 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Good perspective, Tish - thank you! We all need a second set of eyes now and then, glad you've offered yours! (not literally, that would be icky, *g*)

March 27, 2009 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa Crone said...

I love those beads together, a very nice and calming design! I just saw some other cool things in your artfire shop too! I really like how you used those copper tubes! I've never seen them before!

March 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thanks, Lisa! There is quite a selection of copper tube sizes and lengths at Rings & Things, which is where I got the long curved ones for the copper and green coin pearl necklace and the short tiny ones for the pearl and malachite necklace.

Thanks for checking out my Art Fire shop!

March 27, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf