Friday, February 27, 2009

Day One Potlatch SF Convention 2009

What a day! Dealer's room opened for set up at noon, but I didn't get there until after 3 - wasn't a problem as I had everything set up at home, wrapped it snug and just had to unwrap and put on the tables. Great neighbors, too. Will probably write more about them tomorrow, but thought I'd post some pics tonight before bed.



Kind of hard to see the necklaces on the mirrors - used shells and stones and glass vases to add interest to the display of my pearl based work, folk have been quite complimentary.



I hung some of my past con badges on lanyards to show how they work...



Necklace displays on acrylic risers - the little sign says "Dawno's" and has the tax notice.
Someone asked for a mirror, I left one of the mirror 'trivets' out without any necklaces on it for that use. Maybe I should bring a hand mirror instead?




I have a lot of lanyards - so to display as many as possible I multi-tasked the easel that holds the smaller pieces, using the crossbar to hold them and drape them over the side of the table. Seems to work ok.



Showing two of my new chokers, too.

Glad to be home, but I had a good time today. Selling at a SF con is fun for me because I'm a fan and get to see other fans I've met at prior cons, and some authors of my favorite books too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Crone said...

Hi there! I love how they cascade over the edge of the table, that's very attractive and makes me want to jump in there and touch them!

March 1, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Just A Tish said...

I agree with Lisa, I love that idea! Always keep a mirror. that way you can tell them how great it looks and back it up by handing them the mirror!

March 2, 2009 at 4:05 AM  
Blogger Dave Robertson said...

Hi Dawno, how fun to see your selling setup. Very pro looking. I wouldn't be able to walk past :)

--Dave

March 2, 2009 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you Lisa, Tish and Dave! I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Of course I have ideas on how to improve it - but those will have to wait a bit as I conserve my cash for a while. My next "show" is in May (Memorial Day weekend) and I'm back in the Artist's Alley at BayCon in Santa Clara.

March 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf