Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Help Me Choose Photo Display for My Etsy Site

I definitely need help creating attention getting, attractive photographs for my jewelry/lanyards. I've played around with a lot of ideas - some were ok, others were really not good.

So, what to do. Etsy allows 5 pictures. I show 4 views of my lanyards - with a badge, with an ID pouch and with glasses (unless the lanyard is too heavy for them) and a "teaser" shot. These line up as thumbnails to the right of a larger picture over the item text. Here's a set with all the shots in the same size as the thumbnails on Etsy. I find these boring, but what would liven up the images and not detract from the item on display? You can click on them to see the larger image, too.



I like the idea of a simple photo set up, I'm just not sure how simple to go, yet not be boringly plain. The pictures below are some test ideas I had, and they're shown at about the size of the thumbnails.



What works for you? If none, what would you suggest?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

Dawno,
I can't say I like any of the top 5pictures. You are right - too boring. I also do not like the typed letter background of the first picture below. Too dull and distracting. However, I absolutely love the last 2 pictures. They have just enough pizzazz to be very interesting and a great contast to your beautiful beadwork.
Sandi

January 23, 2009 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thanks again for your very helpful input!

January 23, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf