Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Day of Rest - ful Beading

It was a lovely Sunday. I slept in a bit, read a new spy-thriller novel or listened to the radio, and nibbled on comfort foods. Got inspired to do a couple new lanyards, which is one of the more relaxing things, short of taking a nap, I can do.

Today I made three lanyards (one still needs one clasp, but is otherwise done), here are the two I photographed. The one on the left has a foil lined bead with a tiny white flower detail the other has an abundance of beautifully faceted oval beads. This color, while perfect for spring, still has a wintery feel about it - like a crystal blue lake below a clear winter sky.



I also posted two of my pieces on Etsy - the garnet hex with copper lanyard, and a silver Christmas color lanyard, the latter of the two I also posted on Ebay. Lost the light after taking pictures of 5 or 6 lanyards, these early sunsets don't work for me at all.

For the copper hex lanyard I needed a copper split ring. I found large copper lobster claw clasps but to hook the smaller terminal clasps to it to complete the lanyard findings, I need a split ring. So I got out some 18 gauge copper wire, wrapped it three times on a 4mm mandrel using my Beadalon Jump Ring Maker and snipped the outer two wires at the same place on the triple looped ring to create a split ring. Worked great and looks good, too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger A Beaded Affair said...

I like your lanyards. I have lots of nurses in my family. They would be great gifts. Your store looks great. Good luck.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

November 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you Lois! It's always great to get feedback from other beaders.

November 18, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf