Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Unwinding from the Day by Beading

Last night I posted about how I didn't bead because of an intense day at work, today I did bead for the same reason - the beading is relaxing for me, and tonight it was the perfect way to wind down for the evening

Back on September 7th I talked about some beads I bought at the local Art & Wine Festival, some of them were lovely tablet cut beads I'd not seen anywhere at the time, but I did finally find a supplier (Mermaid's Cove) and bought more. Tonight's necklace lanyard is from the latter purchases, made from the Seafoam Opal beads.

I haven't measured it yet, but I think it's about 30" long and it's light enough for an eyeglass lanyard, too, if you are ok with something rather distinct that close to your face - this design would definitely stand out.



I also made matching earrings



Now I'm stringing faceted alexandrite colored glass rondelles and spiral cut faceted alexandrite oval beads in a pattern similar to the Chateau Picard and others I've done in a variety of colors. I think I have 6 or 7 in all now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf