Friday, September 12, 2008

Peridot Glass "Gems" and Filigree Work in Progress

Only one of the small peridot colored glass 'gems' has been set in the filigree and one in the center oval, but I'm liking how this looks so far. Not sure how I'm going to finish it. I've done a couple wrapped link peridot colored glass beads but they seem so plain in comparison, I'm not sure if I'll use them in the piece. May have to find some faceted beads, thinking briolettes, and maybe a chain tassel...I guess there's a trip to the bead store in the near future.



I used four filigrees to frame the center oval piece. The two between the large eight pointed backing and the large visible oval frame are practically invisible, but add to the depth and detail.

If the test setting for the small gem on the outer filigree is solid enough, I'll do the rest of the gems tomorrow. If not, I'm going to have to puzzle out how to add them. Right now I'm using the E6000 glue suggested in the 'how to' section of the Accessories Susan site, we'll see if it holds.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E6000 is a very good glue. It should hold tight for you no problem!

Very pretty piece! Peridot is my birthstone, so I especially think it is lovely!

September 15, 2008 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you Cindy! The glue is great, and where I've used it on this piece and another one, it's held rock solid. Problem I'm having with setting the peridot colored stones is there isn't enough filigree touching the stone to get a good setting, so I'm trying to figure an alternative way to set them at the tips, which is really where I want them.

September 15, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf