Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mostly Miscellaneous

I've finally put hardware on all the lanyards I'd had hanging around in "nearly finished" status today. Also made a new one using clear faceted crystal rondelles. Puttering around with different bead combos and trying to find one I like to start a new piece.

I was at the store today and saw a bin that was made for putting up in the shower, probably to hold a loofa or a few small containers of shower gel and shampoo - had two suction cups on the back. I thought it would be a great holder for my most used tools - round nose pliers, clippers, etc., and if I put some cup hooks on the little left hand extension to my desk, it could hang there and free up some desktop space.

Of course I forgot the cup hooks, but it holds the tools just great and I'll pick up some hooks next time I'm out. I've been meaning to get a leather mallet, so maybe I'll go to a hardware store and get both those items.

I've been procrastinating on my photography and as a result very few of my new items are up on Etsy. I really need to get my Etsy store updated. Then I have to figure out how to get some traffic in there!

Working now on a pendant necklace with faceted light sapphire blue glass - will post a pic when it's further along.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I hear you about procrastinating on taking photos -I too am quilty. It's such a process that I find I put it off longer than I should. Hmm...maybe I should be taking pictures instead of being on the internet? *smiles*

September 29, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

Thank you for stopping by to comment! Your work is lovely, I'm bookmarking your blog.

My problem is that I only have evenings or weekends to do photography and it's either a lighting problem (things look better with natural sunlight) or I'm so busy on the weekends it just doesn't happen.

September 29, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you for your kind comments about my work. So glad you'll be checking out my blog every now and then.

I too usually end up getting pictures only on the weekend. That's when I have the most time to dedicate to doing it. I have a proper set up, it's just so time consuming. I have probably at least 20+ new things to picture and get up on the site (and they're great things...just haven't done it *sigh*).

I'm shooting for this coming weekend. I'm from Rochester, NY and the sun doesn't shine much here -so I had no choice but to go with a photo set up package. If I didn't -I'd never have pictures! : -)

September 29, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf