Friday, May 9, 2008

12 Step Program for Beaders?

A new batch of beads came today. It's an addiction, isn't it? I can't seem to stop buying beads. I don't think I've hit bottom, so no Beader's Anonymous for me. My husband might be considering an intervention, though. Anyway, there were some colors of druk beads I wanted to work with and they arrived, so I did a couple new pieces tonight. Since this is a short post, I'm using a bigger picture.



The outside piece is made with dalmatian jasper and black druk beads; the middle one is made with black and white druk beads with a white quartz disk shot through with black threadlike inclusions; the center one has small howlite beads, a bit larger snowflake obsidian bead between them, separating jet black glass hexagons - they're all around 30" long, it's just the draping for the picture that makes them seem different sizes. I'll probably start on something tomorrow with the red hexagons I got. Or maybe the hematite...can't decide yet.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger colbymarshall said...

Very cool necklace. I have a scrapbooking addiction that is similar...I could very easily walk into a Hobby Lobby and come out with no money and as many bags as I can carry. We must try to be strong...

May 10, 2008 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Bead Artists who Blog
Powered By Ringsurf